sábado, 14 de agosto de 2010

Being a cartoonist



I found the experience of being a cartoonist quite amazing but at the same time rather difficult. In my opinion, it was not an easy task because you don´t have too much space to write people’ speeches so you have to resort to brevity principle, but at the same time, you have to create a humorous effect on the reader. I happened to me that when I finished making my cartoon and saw the final strip I felt a sense of achievement and I couldn’t believe that I had been able to make that cartoon all myself.
I chose this topic because I think that women and men have different views of reality and that there are some aspects they don´t agree at all; for instance, when it comes to shopping, men try to do it as soon as possible in order to get rid of it and without no one who accompanies them. On the other hand, women need to try on at least ten different shirts, visit three clothing stores and have someone who tells them whether it suits them or not.
While women always remember birthdays, anniversaries and appointments, men do not seem to care about them. However, they´ll never forget football matches! And some men even prefer staying at home watching their team matches instead of going out to celebrate an important occasion. That´s why the man in the cartoon looks surprised when his wife makes that proposal.
All in all, it is worthwhile having a try and believing that you are an artist at least for a while. In my opinion, this website could be a useful tool in the second language classrooms, especially with children. I think they’ll enjoy choosing the characters and emotions, seeing the final product and sharing it with their partners.

2 comentarios:

  1. I really enjoyed your cartoons Glen...We are definitely different.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. They are beautiful cartoons. I never failed to draw something nice, and I think that you must be born.
    Greetings!

    ResponderEliminar